At The Royals Shopping Centre we recognise that we have a responsibility to reduce the impact of our operation on the environment wherever possible. Sustainability and reducing environmental impact are central to our business strategy alongside making a difference within our local community.
We are committed to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations
- Encouraging environmentally responsible behaviour throughout our workforce
- Improving the awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst contractors, tenants, and visitors
- Continually improve by putting sustainability at the centre of operational decision making; incorporating small and large changes to centre operations and processes which have a positive environmental impact
- Preventing pollution wherever possible and practicable by developing non-polluting practices
- Communicating ways in which the local community can engage and contribute to centre sustainability initiatives
- Setting goals and targets to continually improving our environmental performance
Our Environmental Goals
- Reduce our carbon footprint
- Improve energy efficiency within all common parts of the centre
- Promote the reduction, re-use and recycling of our waste and focus on waste minimisation
- Ensuring safe and efficient storage and disposal of all waste
- Educate all stakeholders
The Royals Shopping Centre is proud that it has achieved the following environmental measures :-
- All centre generated waste is zero to landfill.
- All general waste that cannot be separated on site is separated at a remote waste plant and is used as heat energy.
- All Cardboard and plastics are bailed on site and then sent to be recycled.
- All centres service corridors, all car park levels and stairwells are fitted with motion sensor lights reducing the lux levels by 25% therefore reducing energy consumption and light pollution.
- The Centres car park currently has 4 electric vehicle charging bay are available for the charging of electric vehicles.
- In the centres public toilets all sinks are fitted with sensor taps to reduce water consumption.
- All Hand dryers are energy efficient reducing energy consumption.
Last Updated December 2021